Welcome To River's Edge Yoga
River's Edge Yoga Center, one block from the river in Old Town Alexandria, is a cozy yoga oasis dedicated to the teaching of yoga in the classical tradition.
We offer Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, both the Primary and Intermediate Series and Mysore along with Yoga For Athletes, Yoga Sage a therapeutic approach to Yoga, Vinyasa Flow, Pre and post natal yoga,Yoga Tales for the younger set, Ballet and Barre.
“He who binds to himself a joy doth the winged life destroy, but he who kisses the joy as it flies, lives in Eternity ‘s sunrise”
September is National Yoga Month
There is much to discover and enjoy throughout the month. As the Be Well Summer Wellness Campaign draws to a close, Yogis for Positive Change, The City of Alexandria and The Old Town North Community Partnership Invite all to join them at the Annual Taste of Old Town North September 19th 4-8pm. A festival of great food, music and more!
Montgomery Park * 901 North Royal Street * Alexandria * Free!
September 20th- River’s Edge Yoga hosts a Karma Class to benefit The Carpenter’s Shelter. Friday, September 20th. 6:30 pm-7:45 pm. Open the heart and the hips. Pay what you can. Suggested donation $20. All are welcome!
Summer Schedule, June 30th – August 31st
- By popular request Down Dog 101 returns in early July! Tuesday, July 9th through August 13th, 6:30-7:30pm. This six-week session introduction to the fundamentals of yoga is perfect for the true novice or those returning to the mat after time away due to injury or simply life. Pre-enrollment required. Six weeks for $78. Minimum enrollment of three students required.
- Yoga for Healthy Hips, Back and Joints will begin Sunday, June 30th, 10:00-11:00am. A chance to stretch, strengthen and align. All levels welcome!
- The Sunday Floor Barre is on hiatus beginning June 30th, returning to the schedule in the fall.
River’s Edge is honored to be a sponsor of the Yogis for Positive Change Be Well, Summer Wellness Campaign, working with the Old Town North Community Partnership, the Mid Atlantic Yoga Community, The City of Alexandria Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Affairs and many others to welcome the joys of summer; time spent with friends and family listening to outdoor concerts, practicing yoga in the fresh air, shopping at local farmers’ markets and picnics in the park or at the beach.
We begin the first of our Free Yoga in the Fresh Air Community Classes at Alexandria’s Montgomery Park Gazebo, June 27th, from 5:00pm-6:00pm followed by a Concert in Montgomery Park with solo artist Dave Lange. Dave and his Roots Blues have become a local favorite since his first performance in Old Town North almost two years ago. Delighted to welcome him back.
The Free Yoga in the Fresh Air will continue on Thursdays til September 19th. Weather permitting the community yoga class is offered 6:00-7:00pm except on concert dates in July and August. Check the Old Town North Community website for the most current information on the Concert Series.
The Free Yoga in the Fresh Air is canceled on July Fourth.
Look forward to seeing friends old and new on the mat soon!
Inclement Weather Policy
- Inclement weather policy – Class cancelations will be announced on the studio phone line one hour before the canceled class.571-218-2161
- Please print, fill out and bring to your first day of class.
Agreement of Release and Waiver of Liability
“No man can step into the same river twice, for it is not the same river, and he is not the same man.”