Welcome To River’s Edge Yoga
River’s Edge Yoga Center, one block from the river in Old Town Alexandria, is a cozy yoga oasis dedicated to the teaching of yoga in the classical tradition.
We offer Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, both the Primary and Intermediate Series and Mysore along with Yoga For Athletes, Yoga Sage a therapeutic approach to Yoga, Vinyasa Flow, Pre and post natal yoga, Yoga Tales for the younger set, Ballet and Barre.
“Never are voices so beautiful as on winter’s evening, when dusk almost hides the body, and they seem to issue from nothingness with a note of intimacy seldom heard by day”
Celebrate Juneteenth at the River in Old Town North!!
Sunday, June 19th we will offer Yoga in the Fresh Air at the Montgomery Park Gazebo from 10:00 – 11:00 am. All are welcome at this Open level Flow Class!
Montgomery Park Gazebo
901 North Royal Street
Bring your mat, join the fun, then shop the market and stay for the informal Music Jam with Sally and the Mander at the Market!
12:00 – 1:00 pm
All other Sunday classes are Cancelled
Monday, June 20th, we will offer a limited schedule of classes
- 7:00 am – Yoga flow
- 5:30 pm – Ashtanga-led Primary
A few things to note about hybrid classes:
- The in-person class size will be limited to 5 people.
- Reservations required for in-person attendance. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a space.
- Reserve your space 2 hours in advance.
- Cancel 30 minutes before class if cancelling.
- Please wear a mask and bring your own mat.
- These classes will also be offered online via Zoom.
Thank you to all within the River’s Edge Community for your support.
Inclement Weather Policy
- Inclement weather policy – Class cancelations will be announced on the studio phone line one hour before the canceled class.571-218-2161
- Please print, fill out and bring to your first day of class.
Agreement of Release and Waiver of Liability
Free Yoga in the Fresh Air
As the temperatures are dropping quickly the River’s Edge, Free Yoga in the Fresh Air has come to close but will return in the Spring as the weather warms.
5:00 pm – 6:00 pm, Montgomery Park.
Sponsored by River’s Edge Yoga and the Old Town North Community Partnership with Support from the City of Alexandria Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities.
“No man can step into the same river twice, for it is not the same river, and he is not the same man.”