Welcome To River’s Edge Yoga
River’s Edge Yoga Center, one block from the river in Old Town Alexandria, is a cozy yoga oasis dedicated to the teaching of yoga in the classical tradition.
We offer Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, both the Primary and Intermediate Series and Mysore along with Yoga For Athletes, Yoga Sage a therapeutic approach to Yoga, Vinyasa Flow, Pre and post natal yoga,Yoga Tales for the younger set, Ballet and Barre.
“Never are voices so beautiful as on winter’s evening, when dusk almost hides the body, and they seem to issue from nothingness with a note of intimacy seldom heard by day”
River’s Edge Yoga and the Old Town North Community Partnership are joining the Birthday Fun over the Weekend.
- The City of Alexandria Celebrates its Birthday on Saturday 10th with music and more in Oronoco Bay Park.
- River’s Edge will offer a donation based Yoga in The Fresh Air Class, Sunday, July 11th, 1:00-2:00 pm in Montgomery Park at The Gazebo. Open your heart and your hips in this open level flow class. Donations will help fund “Music at the Market“ in Montgomery Park. Pay what you can, suggested donation $15. All are welcome! Weather permitting.
- Regularly scheduled Sunday classes at River’s Edge Yoga are cancelled on Sunday, July 11, 2021.
- Sunday, July 11th the Old Town North Community Partnership hosts a Pop Up Farmer’s Market from 9:00 am -12:00 pm at Montgomery Park, 901 North Royal Street. Shop fruit, veggies, dairy, farm fresh eggs, prints and cards, and handbags from Alexandria Folk Artist Patricia Palermino.
We continue to amend the studio schedule as Covid Restrictions Ease.
- Beginning Monday, June 21st the 11:00 am Yoga Sage will be on hiatus through July 12th.
- The 4:30 pm Yoga Basics class will be offered as hybrid Zoom Class
- The 6:00 pm Ashtanga will be offered as a hybrid Zoom Class .
Zoom Hybrid Reservation Policy.
Reservations to attend the hybrid Zoom classes must be made at least 12 hours in advance and cancellations must be made at least 6 hours in advance.
Students will be charged if they do not give 6 hours notice of a cancelled class.
The Thursday, Free Yoga in the Fresh Air continues through June.
5:00 pm – 6:00 pm, Montgomery Park.
A few things to note about hybrid classes:
- The in-person class size will be limited to 5 people.
- Reservations required for in-person attendance. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a space.
- Reserve your space 12 hours in advance.
- Cancel 4 hours in advance to give us time to notify students on the waitlist.
- Please wear a mask and bring your own mat.
- These classes will also be offered online via Zoom.
Thank you to all within the River’s Edge Community for your support.
Inclement Weather Policy
- Inclement weather policy – Class cancelations will be announced on the studio phone line one hour before the canceled class.571-218-2161
- Please print, fill out and bring to your first day of class.
Agreement of Release and Waiver of Liability
“No man can step into the same river twice, for it is not the same river, and he is not the same man.”