Welcome To River's Edge Yoga
River's Edge Yoga Center, one block from the river in Old Town Alexandria, is a cozy yoga oasis dedicated to the teaching of yoga in the classical tradition.
We offer Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, both the Primary and Intermediate Series and Mysore along with Yoga For Athletes, Yoga Sage a therapeutic approach to Yoga, Vinyasa Flow, Pre and post natal yoga,Yoga Tales for the younger set, Ballet and Barre.
“He who binds to himself a joy doth the winged life destroy, but he who kisses the joy as it flies, lives in Eternity ‘s sunrise”
Baby, it’s cold outside…
February is here! Come on in and warm body, mind and spirit…
- The Sunday 11:00am Floor Barre continues through February, but is canceled this Sunday, February 3rd.
- The Tuesday 6:45pm Ashtanga Led Primary Series Overview continues through the month of February; giving our budding ashtangis a bit more time to deepen their understanding of the “practice”.
- The Tuesday 6:30pm Yoga for Athletes returns in March as folks begin to gear up for spring races and events.
- Ashtanga Mini Series begins on Thursday evenings, February 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th. 6:45pm An overview of the Traditional Ashtanga Led Primary Series with focus on the Four Cornerstones of Practice, Breath, Bhandas, Drishti and Vinyasa.
- Silver Sage Yoga – This Super Gentle Yoga Class for All Ages and Levels begins Wednesday, February 13th, 11am. Silver Sage Yoga is perfect for those looking for a safe, thoughtful yoga class focused on correct alignment and discovering the health benefits of yoga. The use of props and modifications will be explored and encouraged.
- Yoga Mom, Yoga Baby™, Prenatal Yoga begins Sunday, February 10th and runs through March 17th. 12:30pm. This is a Six Week Session. Prepaid enrollment fee $84. Drop in rate $17.
- The Friday 11:00am Mid-morning Flow is on hiatus till April.
- We continue to accept donations of healthy non-perishable food for our neighbors in need. Donations may be left in the Alive Food Bin.
- Price correction – The 2019 price for a 10 class card for seniors, students and active duty military was listed as $140. The correct price is $135.
- Inclement weather policy – Class cancelations will be announced on the studio phone line one hour before the canceled class.571-218-2161
We will be raising class prices in 2019.
- The Drop in class rate will become $17.
- The Five Class pass will remain at $75.
- The Ten Class will become $145.
- The Twenty Class will become $250.
We will continue to offer a discount for active duty military, seniors and students.
- The Drop-in rate $16.
- The Five class pass will remain at $ 70.
- The Ten class pass will become $135.
- The Twenty class pass will become $240.
For any within the River’s Edge Community affected by the Government shut down, please let me know and we will work things out. Taking care of mind, body and spirit is doubly important during times of stress and uncertainty.
My thanks to all for your continued support
See you at the River!
- Please print, fill out and bring to your first day of class.
Agreement of Release and Waiver of Liability
“No man can step into the same river twice, for it is not the same river, and he is not the same man.”