Welcome To River's Edge Yoga
River's Edge Yoga Center, one block from the river in Old Town Alexandria, is a cozy yoga oasis dedicated to the teaching of yoga in the classical tradition.
We offer Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, both the Primary and Intermediate Series and Mysore along with Yoga For Athletes, Yoga Sage a therapeutic approach to Yoga, Vinyasa Flow, Pre and post natal yoga,Yoga Tales for the younger set, Ballet and Barre.
“He who binds to himself a joy doth the winged life destroy, but he who kisses the joy as it flies, lives in Eternity ‘s sunrise”
Spring is just around the corner… Don’t forget to Spring Forward and set your clocks forward Saturday evening, March 9th as Daylight Savings Time begins Sunday, March 10th.
- The Tuesday 6:30pm Yoga for Athletes returns to the schedule March 5th as folks in the community begin to up their training schedules.
- The Sunday Floor Barre class continues through March and by popular request we will be offering a three week Floor Barre Mini-Series Tuesdays at 5:30pm beginning March 12th.
- Ashtanga Mini Series begins on Thursday evenings, February 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th. 6:45pm An overview of the Traditional Ashtanga Led Primary Series with focus on the Four Cornerstones of Practice, Breath, Bhandas, Drishti and Vinyasa.
- Silver Sage Yoga – This Super Gentle Yoga Class for All Ages and Levels begins Wednesday, February 13th, 11am. Silver Sage Yoga is perfect for those looking for a safe, thoughtful yoga class focused on correct alignment and discovering the health benefits of yoga. The use of props and modifications will be explored and encouraged.
- Yoga Mom, Yoga Baby™, Prenatal Yoga begins Sunday, February 10th and runs through March 17th. 12:30pm. This is a Six Week Session. Prepaid enrollment fee $84. Drop in rate $17.
- Inclement weather policy – Class cancelations will be announced on the studio phone line one hour before the canceled class.571-218-2161
On the Horizon
In Celebration of the Spring Equinox, River’s Edge will be joining with studios throughout the area offering classes in support of those in need. Karma classes at the River will support The Carpenter’s Shelter.
- Please print, fill out and bring to your first day of class.
Agreement of Release and Waiver of Liability
“No man can step into the same river twice, for it is not the same river, and he is not the same man.”